If Neo-opsis Science Fiction Magazine asks you for a BIO…
- One paragraph (short)
- Use your full name somewhere within your bio.
- Write in past tense.
- Don’t date the bio with such words as: “will be”, “soon”, “upcoming”, “in the future”, etc
- Don’t put yourself down, even in jest. You are a professional.
- Never use the word “just”.
- Your bio should be about what is important to you. If that is a list of your writing or art credits, fine. If it is where you were born, or where you went to school, that’s fine too. But if you would rather have the readers know that you love to fish, read, sing, collect bottle caps or dance under the full moon, then by all means write your bio about that. It is you that the reader wants to know about, or they wouldn’t bother reading your bio.